Strike’s Military Crossword
This is one for serious Strike fans – themed around Strike’s time in the military police.
- Colour of the caps worn by Strike and his colleagues in the SIB.
A: Red Reveal Answer
- City in Iraq where Major Chiswell was killed in action.
A: Basra Reveal Answer
- University at which Cormoran was studying before he joined the army.
A: Oxford Reveal Answer
- Strike’s nickname used by his former colleague Graham Hardacre.
A: Oggy Reveal Answer
- Sport at which Strike excelled during his army career.
A: Boxing Reveal Answer
- First name of Strike’s favourite nephew who is fascinated by Cormoran’s time in the army.
A: Jack Reveal Answer
- Eastern Mediterranean island where Strike was sent to investigate a rape and ended up investigating a drugs ring.
A: Cyprus Reveal Answer
- UK forces name for the type of All Terrain Vehicle in which Cormoran was travelling when a bomb blast cost him part of his leg.
A: Viking Reveal Answer
- First name of the man Strike once investigated for rape, who reappears in Career of Evil.
A: Donald Reveal Answer
- Surname of Richard the former soldier, now a detective with the Met, whose life Strike saved in the blast in Afghanistan.
A: Anstis Reveal Answer
- First name of Strike’s uncle whose service in the Royal Military Police inspires Cormoran to join the Army.
A: Ted Reveal Answer
- Name of Strike’s antimilitary mother.
A: Leda Reveal Answer
- First name of Major Chiswell whose death in action Cormoran investigated during his time with SIB.
A: Freddie Reveal Answer
- Special ... Branch. Detective branch of the Royal Military Police where Strike learned his trade.
A: Investigation Reveal Answer
- ... Barclay. First name of the man who Strike once investigated, and later hires to work for him and Robin in Lethal White.
A: Sam Reveal Answer
Congratulations – you solved some tricky clues!